Manchester United is set to face Brentford at Old Trafford in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon.
After suffering consecutive defeats against Crystal Palace and Galatasaray, the Red Devils are currently grappling with low confidence.
Erik ten Hag’s side has encountered a challenging start to the season, occupying a mid-table position with nine points from seven games, with four losses.
With a desire to return to winning form in this match and head into the international break on a positive note, Man Utd faces a crucial test.
- Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka remain sidelined with long-term injuries, ruling them out for this match.
- Sergio Reguilon is set to miss out due to a hamstring issue sustained against Burnley.
- Lisandro Martinez is unavailable after undergoing surgery and will have an extended period on the sidelines.
- Jadon Sancho’s future with United remains uncertain after his falling out with Ten Hag, making him unavailable for this fixture.
Expected Man Utd Line-Up vs. Brentford:
- Andre Onana is likely to continue in goal, with Altay Bayindir as the backup option.
- Sofyan Amrabat may shift from left-back to his preferred deep-lying playmaker role, potentially leading to a defensive reshuffle.
- Raphael Varane is expected to anchor the defense, alongside Harry Maguire, with Victor Lindelof filling the right-back position and Diogo Dalot on the left.
- In the midfield pivot alongside Amrabat, Casemiro is anticipated to play.
- Mason Mount could occupy the number ten role, pushing Bruno Fernandes to the right flank.
- Christian Eriksen, Scott McTominay, and Hannibal Mejbri may find themselves on the bench.
- Alejandro Garnacho could replace Marcus Rashford, while Antony might start from the bench.
- Rasmus Hojlund is expected to lead the line, with Anthony Martial and Facundo Pellistri as substitutes.