Tonight, Manchester United is set to face Copenhagen in a crucial Champions League group-stage clash at the iconic Old Trafford.
Fresh off a victorious weekend where they triumphed with a 2-1 win over Sheffield United in the Premier League, thanks to a sublime winner by Diogo Dalot, the Red Devils are eager to maintain the momentum for this must-win encounter.
Manager Erik ten Hag has laid out a tactical formation of 4-2-3-1, and here’s our anticipated lineup:
- Andre Onana displayed confidence in his recent outing against Sheffield United, showcasing improved distribution and shot-stopping skills. We hope to witness a repeat of his stellar performance against the Danish champions tonight.
- In defense, we expect a couple of changes from the weekend’s victory. Raphael Varane, who made a successful injury comeback as a substitute, is likely to find himself in the starting lineup. He’s expected to partner with the impressive Harry Maguire, who delivered a standout performance against his former club.
- Diogo Dalot, the star of the weekend’s match with his sensational winning goal, is a definite starter at right-back. On the left-back, we anticipate Sergio Reguilon’s return to the lineup, as he has recovered from his recent illness and resumed training.
- Unfortunately, Casemiro won’t be available for the midfield. He continues to recover from his ankle injury and suspension. In his absence, Sofyan Amrabat is expected to step into the number six role. Scott McTominay, with his recent goal-scoring form, might make way for the creative Christian Eriksen, as Erik ten Hag has praised his talents.
- Moving further forward, we anticipate a change from the weekend’s lineup, with Antony making room for Mason Mount’s return to the starting XI. Mount could assume the role of the advanced playmaker, potentially pushing Bruno Fernandes to the right-wing.
- Marcus Rashford is a certain starter on the left-wing, given his consistent performances. Similarly, Rasmus Hojlund is expected to lead the attack. While he’s yet to open his scoring account in the Premier League, he has shone in the Champions League, netting three goals, including a brace in the Galatasaray match.
This is how Manchester United could potentially line up against Copenhagen for this crucial Champions League encounter.